Recently I was honored to receive the “One Lovely Blog” award from the wonderful blog Engineer and an Oven. Thank you so much, Caroline! I have enjoyed creating my blog so much and sharing my recipes and stories with all of you!
There are some rules to abide by in order to accept this award and they are:
1. Post a link back to the person that gave you the award.
2. Share 7 random things about yourself.
3. Pass the award to 15 recently discovered blogs.
4. Drop them a note and tell them about it.
I hereby present the One Lovely Blog Award to these absolutely brilliant, astonishing, wonderful, terrific and beautiful food blogs which I have recently discovered.
A Glass of Milk
Anecdotes and Apples
Another Day in Pensacola
Breakfast Lunch Dinner and Punch
Cooking on the Side
I Savor the Weekend
Love From the Oven
My Fiance Likes It So It Must Be Good
A Bookworm’s Life
Pennies on a Platter
Of Muses and Meringues
Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine
I hope you will visit each one and enjoy them as much as I do. And please leave comments so they’ll know you were there.
Here Are 7 Random Facts About Me
1. I am not a “sitting in hot water” kind of person. My new house has a 6-foot square Jacuzzi in one of the bathrooms and I will never use it. I am storing several sleeping bags in plastic containers in it. Give me a shower every time.
2. My Death Row meal is Lobster with Drawn Butter, a Double Hamburger and Fries from Burger King, and a big bowl of Salty Buttered Popcorn.
3. When I was in my 20’s I had a motorcycle, a Bultaco Lobito. I bought that particular bike because it was the only one I could find that allowed me to put my feet flat on the ground when sitting on the seat. I’m short, just 5 feet tall.
4. After graduating from high school, I went to Beauty School for a year and a half. I got my state (Minnesota) license, worked for a year, hated it and quit. I still give a pretty mean haircut, though.
5. My maiden name is Lynne Kathleen LeMere.
6. One of the things on my Bucket List is to go Equitrekking, which is a travel adventure on horseback. I spent my childhood in Minnesota horseback riding, and I would like to spend a week in the saddle, maybe on a cattle drive. There would be cooking by the chuckwagon crew and singing around the campfire at night. Maybe on a ranch in Colorado with the Rocky Mountains in the background. Yahoo!
7. I am a Lawn Geek. I like to garden with flowers and vegetables, but I also love my grass plants. My new house has a lawn in the back and front, and when I moved in they were dry, burned, patchy and about an inch tall. So I told the gardener to stop cutting the grass, fertilized, and watered the hell out it, until it was about four inches tall, lush and green. Then I let the gardener cut it on the tallest setting on his mower. I love it when I come home and see my grass plants all healthy, especially when they are all exactly the same height. *sigh*